Sew Make Create is the vision of fashion and accessory designer, Melissa Tan-Lu. She combines her love of eco-friendly design, handcrafting techniques and industry experience to create a collaborative space where makers, designers, artists, entrepreneurs and the community can meet.
At Sew Make Create you can:
- Learn a new skill or find a new hobby by attending a class
- Create and design in our open workshop
- Use our workshop machines and equipment or hire a sewing machine
- Shop for Janome sewing machines, overlockers and accessories
- Drop your sewing machine in for service or repair
- Give a cuddle to our friendly shop dog – Pepper
Sew Make Create is a workshop space in Sydney’s creative, inner-city suburb of Chippendale. We hold casual, creative classes and social events for children and adults. Customers are also welcome to use the space to work on their own personal projects or hire a sewing machine on an hourly basis. The workshop welcomes everyone to gather and work amongst others over a cup of tea or coffee and have a creative experience. Sew Make Create aims to encourage learning and creativity through providing the right environment, assistance and facilities.
To compliment our popular sewing classes we are an authorised Janome sewing machine dealer. We also offer machine servicing and repairs, and sewing machine hire.